aaand the full set of caracal studies. I’m done with this skull now, I think. Good news is I’ve now got a couple of wolves and snow leopards in to play with :-) (replicas, of course).
More Daemonslayers art ^^
Here we have Serpentia, Wildfyre and Aelrhys; should be obvious who’s who. They’re three of the dire unicorns (Knightmare’s brethren), some of the others I’ve drawn already, others I have yet to. All twisted up in their own special ways into dark reflections of the gentle creatures of light they once were. Before the demon goddess Shine captured and changed them into the accursed beings they are now, these immortal creatures (I’ll draw the rest at some point) were the wardens of the enchanted forests and pristine wildernesses of the lands of Southern Caevalonia, now reduced to barren, blasted wastelands.
However even darkness has different levels. The very worst of the dire unicorns are those with broken horns. These beings are utterly evil and beyond redemption. Those with their horns intact may be open to reason but are generally unable to prevent themselves spreading madness and destruction wherever they wander.
Lightning stock courtesy of me! (I managed to photograph lightning! Couldn’t believe my luck!).
Woo! Finally got round to updating Daemonslayers.net :-) First few pages of new comic ‘Moonsong’ are up, along with the next few of ‘Heritage’, including Page 100! So happy to have reached that milestone!
Puppy! And then I used the wrong varnish. Far too shiny. Silly me.
Besides the general poor anatomy (hey, it’s my first time making something that isn’t a sausage dragon, be gentle) the right forelimb’s particularly mangled because I accidentally snapped it off. oops.
I’s been busy with the painting! All for sale ‘cept the red and black chap Errol, who’s been adopted already.
Acrylic painting on a bit of cardboard. Limited to only white, alizarin crimson and indigo. So started off just slapping the colours on. This took about 30 minutes (I’m not a quick worker). Next stage I refined the base layer and thickened the colours so the white card wasn’t showing any more. By the third picture I decided the head wasn’t working for me and reshaped it. The next two are just general progress shots as I refined the details.